You're a smart & committed developer with great ideas, but you can't design even if your life depended on it. Does this sound familiar?
I'm writing a book to help you with that.
How will this book help you?
- It will teach you the basic design principles you need to know without boring you with the complete history of the arts.
- It will show you how to create and maintain content hierarchy and manage visual focus in your designs.
- It will introduce you to your new best friends, subtlety and consistency.
- It will improve your copywriting skills, because text is design too.
- It will help you pick colours for your next project - seriously, every developer has a problem with that or what?
How do you know if this book is for you?
- You're a developer with a great idea for a side project but zero design skills.
- You want to find a design co-founder for your startup that won't run away screaming as soon as he sees your beta.
- You want to collaborate better with your design team by learning how to speak their language.
- You have this great functional prototype for a SaaS that you can't show to anyone because it looks hideous.
- You wish that the Github page you just created for your awesome new jQuery script wouldn't look like it dragged itself out of a cave.